The event will take place from 01.03. to 08.05.2016 at the Dortmunder U.
- Felix Dobbert, Photography (Faculty of Art and Sport Science)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dirk Biermann, Chair of Machining Production (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jochen Deuse, Chair of Work and Production Systems (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. E.h. A. Erman Tekkaya, Chair of Forming Technology (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dipl.-Wirt. Ing. Wolfgang Tillmann, Chair of Materials Technology (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Frank Walther, Chair of Materials Testing Technology (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering)
In the artistic project MBF, photography students explore the workshops and machine halls in cooperation with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. The photographers gain insights into the machines and work processes that are so foreign to them, in order to then analyse them in turn and make them artistically usable. This creates conceptual dialogues with the machines themselves. Here, fields of work come together that hardly ever meet in the everyday world of research and teaching. "University" becomes directly tangible.
The exhibition, which begins with the vernissage at Dortmunder U on 01 March 2016 at 06:00 pm and ends with the finissage on 08 May 2016 at 11:00 am with the presentation of the catalogue ends, explores the border areas of photography and interprets the visual world of mechanical engineering in an exciting way.
You can also find an article on MBF in the 09.2016 issue of PAGE magazine.