The subject didactic research and junior research college Funken was founded in the winter semester 2010/2011 and has offered its scholarship holders an extensive teaching programme every semester since then and has come to an end.
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Hußmann, Spokesperson of the Management Team (Head of the Dortmund Competence Centre for Teacher Education and Teaching/Learning Research)
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Thiele, Spokesperson of the Management Team, Professorship of Sports Education, (Faculty of Arts and Sport Sciences)
- Prof. Dr. Susanne Prediger, Chair of Didactics of Mathematics (Faculty of Mathematics)
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Ralle, Chair of Chemistry and its Didactics (Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Biology)
- Prof. Dr. Claudia Gärtner, Professorship for Practical Theology Religious Education (Faculty of Human Sciences and Theology)
The aim of establishing the Research and Junior Research Group is to strengthen teaching-related subject didactic research, which includes intensifying cooperation between the subject didactics in Dortmund on the one hand and systematically promoting junior researchers on the other.
In terms of content, the research training group ties in with one of the central guiding ideas of teacher education in Dortmund by addressing the issue of process-accompanying diagnostics and the promotion of individual learning and development biographies.
On the methodological level, the conception of the college is based on the research programme of subject didactic development research, in which the understanding and explanation of teaching-learning processes on the one hand and their design and change through lesson development on the other are consistently and iteratively related to each other.
The aim of the Research Training Group is the systematic training of a new generation of subject didactics at the highest possible scientific level. Through the joint research framework, structured training and continuing education programmes, intensive supervision and counselling as well as close cooperation with proven national and international experts, this aim is to be further filled with life in the coming years.
With the start of the winter semester 2015/2016, interested parties outside of Funken are now invited to selected events for the first time.
Target Group: Doctoral students in one subject didactics