The event took place in the summer semester 2012.
- Prof. Jan Kolata, Professorship for Painting (Faculty of Art and Sport Sciences)
- Corinna Jegelka, Art student
- Julia Toll, International Affairs Department
Friday 6.7.2012, 10 am to 4 pm
- 10.30 - 11.00 a.m. Prof. Dr. Barabara Welzel, Professor of Art History, TU Dortmund University, "St. Reinoldus, Dortmund and China".
- 11.00 – 11.30 11.00 - 11.30 a.m. Prof. Ph.D. Zhen Wei (lecturing in Chinese, with translation),Deputy Dean, School of Art & Communication, Beijing Normal University, "Chinese Painting of Past and Present".
- 11.30 - 12.00 a.m. Dipl. des. Guo Jian (lectures in Chinese, with translation), Xi'an and Düsseldorf, "Discovery - Design serves People".
- 12.30 - 1.00 p.m. Prof. Dr Gabriele Mentges, Professor of Cultural Anthropology of Textiles, TU Dortmund, "Modern Successors to the Silk Road. Uzbekistan and its textile heritage"
- 1.00 - 1.30 p.m. Prof. Dr. Wolfgang. B. Schünemann, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, TU Dortmund University, "Chinese and German legal culture - a comparison".
- 1.30 - 1.00 p.m. Christoph Knecht, painter and master student of Peter Doig, "The Usefulness of the Useless. Two years in China from the perspective of an artist".
- 2.00 - 2.30 p.m. Kerstin Knote, M.A., Local Cultural Officer at the German Embassy Beijing (until 2011), "A brief insight into contemporary art in Beijing".
- 3.00 – 4.00 p.m. Discussion panel, exchange of Chinese and German students with experience of China, Hao Peng (MA, TU Dortmund), Julia Mink (graduate in art, TU Dortmund), Katja Tönnissen (art, TU Dortmund; now Kunstakademie Düsseldorf), Anna Julia Toll (International Affairs Department, TU Dortmund), Christoph Knecht (graduate of Kunstakademie Düsseldorf), Moderation: Dr Ansgar Schnurr (Art Didactics TU Dortmund) "Studying in China, in Germany?"
Chinese Lunch (provided by the German-Chinese Cultural Exchange for Art and Design e.V.)